UNC AAPS would like to welcome you back! We have an exciting semester planned for Spring 2018.
We are rolling out a webinar series of which students/post-docs that attend all 4 webinars will receive a certificate of completion and invitation to our End-of-the-Year Banquet (see more details below)!
We would like for these webinars to facilitate a conversation between students from different divisions and experiences in order to prepare our members for future careers as scientists.
Webinars will be hosted in Marsico 4004 at 4pm on the following Wednesdays:
- January 24 – 3D Printed Pill: Formulate, Download, and Print Your Own Medicine? by Michael Drues, PhD, President of Vascular Sciences
- February 21 – Your Science Can Change the world; One conversation at a time. by David Otey, MA, MBA, Speaking of Solutions, LLC
- March 21 – Open Sesame to the Biopharmaceutical Industry by Scott Foundation, PhD, Executive Director of North American Laboratory Sciences & Clinical Support at Charles River Laboratories
- April 11 – Resume Writing 101 by Stacy Schnieber, PHR, SHRM-CP, Head of HR at Camargo Pharmaceutical Services
We would also like you to save the following dates:
- February 15* – GSK Directors Panel Event. 12:00-1:00PM. Beard 102.
- March 2 – FDA Speaker Event: Captain E. Dennis Bashaw, PharmD, Director of Clinical Pharmacology-3. 12:00-1:00PM. Bondurant G030.
- April 13 – Pharm Sci Open House. 1:00-5:00PM. Bioinformatics Lobby.
- April 19 – Mary Scroggs Elementary STEAM event. Time TBD (evening).
*Please note that we are planning an End-of-the-Year Banquet of which we will invite all guest speakers and more industry professionals for a catered meal, excellent networking event and special award ceremony.
While all events are open to anyone and everyone (Post-docs, undergrads, grad students of all departments and divisions, pharmacy students, etc), the banquet will only be open to those who have participated in >3 AAPS events.
Please sign up for our listserv at https://goo.gl/forms/YY5eTF3I5OpdqT2Y2 to receive further communications. More information is always available at our website: AAPS.web.unc.edu.
The UNC-AAPS Cabinet