The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) is a professional organization for leaders and stakeholders in academic, industry, and government roles related to pharmaceutical sciences. The mission of the national organization is “to advance the capacity of pharmaceutical scientists to develop products and therapies that improve global health.”
Founded in 1986, AAPS provides a dynamic forum for the exchange of knowledge among scientists to enhance their contributions to health. AAPS offers timely scientific programs, ongoing education, opportunities for networking, and professional development.
It is the goal of our student chapter at UNC Chapel Hill to provide opportunities for scientific and professional development to all students interested in careers in pharmaceutical sciences research. Our events are open to all students and post-doctoral fellows at UNC Chapel Hill!
Our chapter is guided by the 5 Core Values of AAPS and we work to incorporate these values into our events and opportunities for students.
- Encourage interaction between diverse disciplines
- Facilitate sharing of ideas and knowledge related to pharmaceutical sciences
- Assist members to a successful career
- Provide educational seminars and networking opportunities to members
- Foster valuable collaborations and friendships between fellow members
- Conduct outreach events to promote interest in pharmaceutical sciences
For more information about the national AAPS organization, visit AAPS.org.