I have a couple of quick announcements that I wanted to share with everyone:
- Friday (10/20) we will be going to KBI Biopharma (1101 Hamlin Rd, Durham, NC 27704 ) at 9:45 AM. If you have not signed up yet, we still have a few spots available. You can sign up here.
- Our next event will be with Laura Rowley, Ph.D from NC Biotech Center on November 17, 2017 at 11AM. Mark your calendar!
- If you have not done so, please fill out our AAPS Member form. We have to submit this information to the National AAPS this month. Thank you to those who have already filled out their information.
- AAPS National Conference is on November 12-15, 2017 in San Diego, CA. The UNC Alumni and Friends Reception will take place on Monday, November 13 from 5:00 PM-7:00 PM in the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina, Pacific Ballroom Section/Salon 15. If you will be presenting a poster or have a presentation, please forward it to Aaron Todd (firstname.lastname@example.org) and it will be on display at the reception.
- Saturday, October 28, 2017 is National Medication Take Back Day. Police departments and pharmacies around the country team up to take back unused or expired medications and dispose of them properly. Generation Rx has reached out to allow our members to participate in ‘med take back’ at local pharmacies. If you are interested, you can sign up here. It’s available to anyone, regardless of Pharmacy knowledge.
Maurice Horton, PharmD
UNC AAPS Chapter Chair
AAPS.web.UNC.edu || facebook.com/unc.ch.aaps || twitter.com/uncchaaps